Resources for Meetings
Welcome . . .
. . . to our resources page for meetings in New York Yearly Meeting.
This page has links for downloading documents and for navigating to other parts of the website that meeting clerks, treasurers, recorders, and committees may find useful. Note that this page is still under development (1-29-15).
Meeting Resources (titles are links)
- ARCH Visitors and other aging resources—Opens the page for Aging Resources, Consultation and Help, with many resources for helping the aging and disabled in your meeting.
- First Day School resources—Books, curricula, Quaker organizations, and more.
- New: Family-Friendly Meetings—Articles from March 2016 Spark on the theme Family-Friendly Meetings.
- Children, families, and your meeting—The Monthly Meeting Partners Project
- Tending the Garden—Spiritualn nurture workshops and retreats that come to you and your meeting.
- Yearly Meeting Staff—Programs and services for meetings
- Flyer on Staff Offerings to Meetings—download a pdf file.
- General Secretary, Christopher Sammond
- Associate Secretary, Helen Garay Toppins
- Children & Youth Field Secretary, Melinda Wenner Bradley
- Young Adult Field Secretary, Gabrielle (Gabi) Savory Bailey
- ARCH Director, Callie Janoff
- Interim Communications Director, Sarah Way
- Website Manager, Steven Davison
- Trust funds—Individual Friends and meetings may apply for grants from some of the yearly meeting's trust funds.
- FUM personnel policy—Background information for use by meetings when considering Friends United Meeting's personnel policy.
- Some meetings in the yearly meeting have been discerning how to respond to Friends United Meeting's personnel policy regarding sexual activity by its staff and volunteers. We urge meetings to read the background documents linked on this page before engaging deepliy in this discernment. For more information, please contatct the yearly meeting's general secretary Christopher Sammond, nyym.gensec[at]gmail.com.
- Meeting Recorders—Forms for reporting to the Yearly Meeting.
- Clerks & recording clerks—Books and pamphlets on clerking and recording meetings.
- Advancement and outreach materials—A very wide range of resources for meeting outreach, including pdf files of handouts.
- Addressing racism—(And other -isms) in our meetings and in society.
- Transforming conflict—Resources from the Conflict Transformation Committee for meetings expreriencing conflict.
- Our Resources portal—This page has links to resource pages dedicated to dozens of topics related to Quaker history, faith, and practice. These are mostly bibliographies, lists of books and pamphlets on these concerns.
- Free Online Resources for Ministry—a pdf file with links to online businesses that offer free services to religious organizations.
Meeting Recorders — Forms for reporting to the Yearly Meeting
- Meeting Information Sheets (annual report)—in Word and pdf formats
- Meeting Membership Record
- Birth or Adoption
- Death or Release
- Marriage or Dissolution
- New Address
- New Member Form
- Transfer of Membership Certificate
Resources from Baltimore Yearly Meeting
Baltimore Yearly Meeting (BYM) revised its Vision Statement to include a paragraph addressing multicultural diversity. Below are links to an introduction to the change in their Vision Statement and the Vision Statement itself.