Quaker Resources: The Arts, Architecture, and Quaker Aesthetics
Quaker Performing and Visual Artists
Print resources available from the FGC Quaker bookstore, quakerbooks.org.
Beyond Uneasy Tolerance: The Saga of Quakers and the Arts in 100 Quotations, Esther Greenleaf-Murer, ed.; paper, Fellowship of Quakers in the Arts; $8.
Letting That Go, Keeping This, Philip Harnden; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #353; $6.50.
Quaker Aesthetics: Reflections on a Quaker Ethic in American Design and Consumption, 1720–1920, Emma Lapsansky and Anne Verplanck, eds.; $42.50.
Quakers and the Arts: Plain and Fancy, David Sox; $12.
The Quiet Eye: A Way of Looking at Pictures, Sylvia Shaw-Judson; $12.95.
Kingdoms of Edward Hicks, Carolyn Weekley.
Edward Hicks: His Life and Art, Alice Ford.
Edward Hicks, Painter of the Peaceable Kingdom, Alice Ford.
Living Threads: Making the Quaker Tapestry, Jennie Levin; paper, Quaker Tapestry at Kendal; $16.
The Spiritual in Twentieth-century Art, Roger Lipsey; $25.95.
A Quaker Marriage of Philosophy and Art: Words and Pictures of Howard and Anna Brinton, Howard Brinton and Anna Cox Brinton; $14.
The Actor’s Way: A Journey of Self-discovery in Letters, Benjamin Lloyd; $16.95.
Getting to Know Grant Wood, Mike Venezia; $6.99. Grant Wood was a Quaker.
- John McCutcheon, Hammer Dulcimer Musician
- Aaron Fowler: Interactive programs (having nothing to do with compute for teachers, parents and students.
- Aaron Fowler & Laura Dungan, music that leads the listener to be attentive and appreciative of one's place in the world, examine matters of the heart and conscience, and lend courage to take next steps on the journey.
- Carrie Newcomer, Folk Musician
- [mailto:] Piano Classic Restorations...by Terry Farrell, offering complete rebuilding of fine grand pianos.
- Bill Harley, singer/storyteller.
- Women's History ALIVE! One woman plays by Sandra Hansen on famous women in American history.
- Sara & Kamila (Singer-Songwriters)
- Bonnie Raitt, singer, songwriter, activist.
- Quaker Wedding Certificates by Jennifer Snow Wolff, Calligrapher & Artist,
- Wynne Llewellyn, calligrapher, specializing in Marriage Certificates and Naming documents
- Mercedes Walker - documentary filmmaker, singer, musician & activist
- Kat Burke - singer, songwriter, performer.
- Melanie Weidner - artist.
- Arthur Davenport has a CD out.
- Joyce Rouse, aka EarthMama.
- Spontaneous Combustion Storytellers - Tom & Sandy Farley - performances, workshops, CD
- Dan Gilliam
- Arthur Fink Photography: people, places, objects, events
- Adrian Martinez
- Quaker Wedding Certificates, by Sally Sanders-Garrett
- Annie and Peter Blood-Patterson - of Rise up Singing fame.
- Benjamin Lloyd - artist.
- Mark Holdaway
- Bull and Mouth Records - A coalition of young musicians (Friends and friends) started in 2006 by Quaker musician Jon Watts at Pendle Hill
- Saundra Sturdevant Photography
- Alfred Muma, Among Friends Studio
- Caroline Jariwala, Visual artist
- Philip Gulley, Author
- Sundog, featuring Dan Caldwell.
- Vonn New, electro-acoustic ambient music that arises from worship.
- Jon Watts.
- Homegrown String Band, a postmodern neo-traditional old time (Quaker) family string band
- Bonni McKeown
- Roger Vincent Jasaitis, artist.
- Sahara Jane, Singer-songwriter from Nova Scotia with a diverse range of musical influences.