Quaker Resources: Conflict Transformation
The Committee on Conflict Transformation
Quaker Meetings: Crisis or Opportunity?
The Committee on Conflict Transformation's film of their workshop.
In the fall of 2013, the Conflict Transformation Committee filmed one of its Conflict in Quaker Meetings: Crisis or Opportunity? workshops. The link above takes you to the web page for the project. The first link below takes you to the full-length film of the full workshop and the other links are for the individual sessions that comprise the workshop.
- Conflict in Quaker Meetings: Crisis or Opportunity?—view as one continuous film
- Module 1: What is Conflict Transformation?
- Module 2: Where Does Conflict Come From?
- Module 3: Active Listening, Conflict, and Quaker Testimony
- Module 4: How Do Quakers Respond to Conflict in Our Midst?
- Module 5: Listening for the Unspoken Need
- Module 6: Engaging in Conflict Situations
- Module 7: Who is Charged with Addressing Conflict?
Print Resources on Transforming Conflict
Click the titles to download pdf files of these resources:
- When Conflicts Arise: Crisis or Invitation? — an article by Peter Phillilps and the Committee on Conflict Transformation that appeared in the April 2013 issue of Friends Journal that seeks to help meetings "use the conflict to prompt a change and transform the Monthly Meeting into a place better able to acknowledge and deal with conflict in love and integrity, and [deepen and enhance] its own spiritual journey." This is a pdf file is available by generous permission from Friends Journal: ©2013 Friends Publishing Corporation. Reprinted with permission. To subscribe: www.friendsjournal.org."
- Conflict Transformation Workshop Agenda — a sample agenda of a workshop that the Committee can bring to your meeting that shows how a typical workshop flows.
- A Presentation on Conflicts in Meetings — a PowerPoint presentation that accompanies the workshop.
Books and pamphlets available from the FGC bookstore, quakerbooks.org
The Joy of Conflict Resolution: Transforming Victims,Villains and Heroes in the Workplace and at Home, Gary Harper; $19.95.
Quakers in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: The Dilemma of NGO Humanitarian Activism, Nancy Gallagher; $29.95.
Contemporary Conflict Resolution: The Prevention, Management and Transformation of Deadly Conflict, Hugh Miall, Oliver Ramsbotham, Tom Woodhouse; $34.95.
Conflict Transformation Therapy, Juliette Garesche & R W Alley; $4.95.
Quakers in Conflict: The Hicksite Reformation, Larry Ingle; $10.
Natural Conflict Resolution, Fran de Waals & Fillipo Aureli; $5.
Conflict Resolution K-2, Didax; World Teacher's Press; $5.
The Little Book of Conflict Transformation, John Paul Lederbach; $4.95.
Conflict Mediation Across Cultures: Pathways and Patterns, David W. Augsburger; $25.