A gathering of Quaker meetings and worship groups in New York state,
northern and central New Jersey, and southwestern Connecticut.
Summer Sessions 2014
Pathway to Change—A Message from Joyce Schroeder
Plenary Speaker, 7:30 pm, the Auditorium
Joyce Schroeder (Purchase Meeting), our plenary speaker, will talk about the “Pathway to Change.” Joyce has a Masters Degree in Organizational Development with a focus on leadership. She has been working in this field for the past 15 years helping industrial organizations transform their culture to create safer workplaces. A frequent guest speaker, she has been following her leading to share her knowledge of organizational change and leadership with Friends. In 2012 she gave the keynote at the Earlham School of Religion Leadership Conference and she participated in Winter Song at Powell House in December, 2013. Friend Joyce will share her insights about what is required for an organization to create a movement.
We will welcome Joyce with a reception in Gullen Lounge after her presentation.
- Advance Reports (pdf file)
- Final Report and Statement of Leadings and Priorities (web page)—Priorities Working Group; download a pdf file.
- Statement of Leadings and Priorities–Interpretive Document—FAQs from the Priorities Working Group on the Statement and their work (pdf)
- Report—Representatives to FWCC (pdf)
- Consent Agenda (pdf)
- Report and proposed minute—Meetings for Discernment (pdf)
- Proposed minute: Interim Decisions by the clerk and general secretary (pdf)
- Report—State of the Society (pdf)
- Handbook page—Meetings for Discernment (pdf)
- Handbook page—Meetings for Discernment Steering Committee (pdf)
- Handbook page—Sessions Committee (pdf)
- Epistle—Young Adult Concerns Committee (pdf)
Other Resources for Summer Sessions
- Summer Sessions Program
- Changes to the Program (pdf)—for the Monday and Wednesday evening sessions considering the Priorities Working Group report and recommendaitons
- Meals with Meaning—A guide to groups holding meetings over meals
- Map of Silver Bay campus
- Summer Sessions main page—a portal to all things Summer Sessions
- Ride Board—offer a ride or find a ride home from Summer Sessions
Looking for a place to worship?
Find a Quaker meeting near you or click Where To Worship in the menu above.
Want to know more about Friends?
To learn more about Quakers in general, check out the items in the Who We Are tab above. The Frequently Asked Questions section might be a good place to start.