Aging Resources, Consultation, and Help (ARCH)
Growing older affects us all.
The ARCH Program provides support for Friends from NYYM in our journey of growing older as a community, grounded in love and care for one another. We do this through our network of ARCH staff and volunteer ARCH Visitors. ARCH Visitors are available for one-on-one visits to:
- discuss advance directives
- worship at bedside/home
- provide a confidential listening ear
- make connections with local resources
- consider the spiritual opportunities that growing older bring us
ARCH can help you.
- a caregiver for an older person
- a family member of an older person
- an older person yourself?
Then ARCH is for you. Contact us to make a connection with ARCH people in your area.
You can help ARCH.
Become an ARCH Visitor.
Are you a part of a NYYM Quaker meeting and looking for meaningful opportunities to be of service with older people in your area? Consider becoming an ARCH Visitor! ARCH Visitors are provided a free seven week live online training, connection with the NYYM ARCH Visitor Network, a designated ARCH staff coordinator, quarterly newsletters full of news you can use, and ongoing individual support for our shared ministry of care. Sign up today for the next ARCH Visitor Training.
Host an ARCH Workshop or Program
Are you a part of a NYYM Quaker meeting and looking for meaningful relevant and timely programming to share with your community? Invite ARCH to offer a workshop. A list of potential workshop topics is here, but presentations can be tailored to your community, group, and time frame.
Are you an ARCH Visitor?
Use the links below to
- Record your ARCH visit
- Record your workshop or presentation
- Submit expenses for reimbursement
- Invite workshop or presentation participants to offer feedback
Want to offer support?
Are you someone who appreciates the care and nurture of the ARCH program and would like to contribute to our ongoing ministry? Please consider how you can share your appreciation with others.
- Make a designated financial contribution to support the ARCH program
- Make a contribution to support the integrated ministries of New York Yearly Meeting
- Consider volunteering with the Committee on Aging Concerns if you have talents and time to share in the operations and stewardship of the ARCH program.
Do you have questions about ARCH? Email us at [email protected] or call 212-673-5750.
We are grateful to the Friends Foundation for the Aging for their continuing financial support of the ARCH Program