The Sharing Fund
Support the Sharing Fund
Please contribute to the Sharing Fund by clicking on this link, which takes you to a secure donation page for the Sharing Fund.
How the Sharing Fund Works
The Sharing Fund is a coordinated annual giving appeal under the care of Witness Coordinating Committee (WCC). WCC assembles these funds for the use of committees whose primary functions are projects of outreach sponsored by New York Yearly Meeting. Witness Coordinating Committee establishes goals for the Sharing Fund based on the recommendation of its constituent committees and exercises general oversight of the fund.
The Witness Activities Fund
WCC also administers the Witness Activities Fund, a participant in the Sharing Fund. The Witness Activities Fund supports individual Friends, meetings, and committees pursuing special projects or leadings in witness ministry. (Click the following link to view guidelines for the Witness Activities Fund in the NYYM Handbook.)
Sharing Fund Beneficiaries
The groups that benefit from your contributions are listed below. And thank you!
- Alternatives to Violence Project
- American Friends Service Committee
- Barrington Dunbar Fund for Black Development
- Black Concerns
- Committee on Conscientious Objection to Paying for War
- European American Quakers Working to End Racism
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Friends Peace Teams
- Indian Affairs
- National Campaign for a Peace Tax Fund
- National Religious Campaign against Torture
- The New Jersey and New York State Councils of Churches
- Right Sharing of World Resources
- Witness Activities
- World Ministries