Quaker Resources: Discernment
Print resources available from the FGC Quaker bookstore, quakerbooks.org, organized by topic.
Print Resources on Discernment
- Decision Making & Spiritual Discernment: The Sacred Art of Finding Your Way, Nancy Bieber (Quaker); $16.99.
- Spiritual Discernment: The Context and Goal of Clearness Committees, Patricia Loring; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #305; $6.50.
- Clearness Committees and their Use in Personal Discernment, Jan Hoffman; $0.60.
- Leading and Being Led, Paul Lacey; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #264; $6.50.
- Listening Spirituality: Volume 1, Personal Spiritual Practices Among Friends; Volume 2, Corporate Spiritual Practice Among Friends; Patricia Loring; $18.
- Leadings, Jim Corbett; Southeastern YM, $5.
- Practicing Discernment Together: Finding God’s Way Forward in Decision Making, Lon Fendall, Jan Wood, and Bruce Bishop; $16.
- Listening to Hear, Patty Levering; Southeastern YM, 2012 Michener Lecture; $5.
- Sacred Compass Paperback: The Way of Spiritual Discernment, Brent Billl; $13.99.
- Group Spiritual Nurture: The Wisdom of Spiritual Listening, Daphne Clement; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #373; $6.50.
- Expectant Listening: Finding God’s Thread of Guidance, Michael Wajda; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #388; $6.50.
- The Presence in the Midst, Peter Eccles; Swarthmore Lecture 2009; BrYM, $16.
- Silence and Witness: The Quaker Tradition, Michael Birkel.
- God and Decision-Making: A Quaker Approach, Jane Mace; BrYM, $17.
- Nudged by the Spirit: Stories of People Responding to the Still, Small Voice of God, Charlotte Fardelmann; $17.
- How Do I Know It’s A Leading?, Ruth Hyde-Paine; Southeastern YM, $4.
- Where Christ Presides: A Quaker Perspective on Moral Discernment, Jack Ciancio; $15.99.
- The Wisdom to Know the Difference: When to Make A Change – And When to Let Go, Eileen Flanagan; $15.95.
- Grounded In God—Listening Hearts: Discernment for Group Deliberations, Suzanne Farnham, et al; $14.
- Listening Hearts: Discerning Call in Community, Suzanne Farnham, et al; $14.
- Keeping in Tune with God: Listening Hearts Discernment for Clergy, Suzanne G. Farnham & Timothy H. Grayson; $16.
- Discernment: Reading the Signs of Daily Life, Henri Nouwen, with Michael J. Christensen and Rebecca J. Laird; $25.99.