Fall Sessions 2016
Friday, November 11, 2016 - 7:00pm to Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 1:00pm
Ethical Culture Society White Plains , NY
New York Yearly Meeting
Fall Sessions 2016
November 11–13, 2016
Ethical Culture Society
White Plains, NY
Welcome to the summary page for New York Yearly Meeting's 2016 Fall Sessions.
See the table of contents below for documents related to Fall Sessions 2016.
Fall Sessions Survey
Minutes of the Fall Sessions
Actions taken by the gathered body of the Yearly Meeting
- Friends approved a minute in support of the Standing Rock Sioux protest against the Dakota Acess Pipeline and distribution of the minute.
- Friends approved the NYYM 2017 budget.
- Friends approved revisions to the Covenant Relations section of our Faith and Practice and a new section on the Use of Technology (see Documents below for links).
- Friends approved a travel minute for Emily Provance.
- Friends approved two actions by the NYYM Trustees: disposal of the Plattekill Meetinghouse and disposal of the Friends cemetary in Morris, New York, and its maintenance fund to the Town of Morris. See the minutes of the Trustees in Reports below.
- Friends asked the clerk and general secretary to resend a letter originally approvd at Fall Sessions 2014 to President Obama requesting a pardon for Leonard Peltier. [link to minutes]
- Friends asked the clerk and general secretary to send a letter to President-elect Trump encouraging him to publicly repudiate hateful messages and actions that arose during and since his campaign.
Documents from the Sessions
- Minutes of the Sessions
- Travel minute—Emily Provance.
- Minute of support—Standing Rock Sioux
- Faith & Practice
- Epistle—Quaker Party—a "hashtag epistle" from the Quaker Party held in NYC in June 2016.
- Consent Agenda—Nominations.
- Agenda—Spring Sessions 2016.
- Schedule—Spring Sessions 2016.
Reports to Sessions
- General Secretary
- Children and Youth Field Secretary
- NYYM Trustees—Disposal of Plattekille Meetinghouse and Morris cemetery.
- Meeting for Discernment at Summer Sessions 2016
- ARCH funding and the Ad Hoc Structure Committee on the future of NYYM Staff structure
- Summer Sessions 2016 and upcoming date for winter Meeting for Discernment
- Powell House Co-executive Directors
- Monthly Meeting Partner Project—Children & Youth Field Secretary
Resources for this Session