Spark, May 2017 - The Powerful Practice of Discernment
Welcome to SparkOnline
The online edition of New York Yearly Meeting's print newsletter.
Won't You Support NYYM?
New York Yearly Meeting supports many programs and projects that benefit our members and our meetings. Won’t you support NYYM in return?
You can contribute by mailing a check to the yearly meeting office or by credit card on our donation page.
Share Your Info!
Share your meeting’s news, announcements, and upcoming events with the rest of the Yearly Meeting through InfoShare, our digital newsletter. The deadline for the April issue is March 24. Send your items to [email protected]. Don’t get InfoShare? Contact the Yearly Meeting office to get yourself on our email mailing list.
Download a pdf file of the May 2017 Spark
The Powerful Practice of Discernment
- Discerning Direction with Dunca, by Mary Pugh Clark, Montclair Monthly Meeting
- Resources for Discernment with Kids, by Melinda Wenner Bradley, NYYM Children and Youth Field Secretary
- The Practice of Discernment, by Christopher Sammond, General Secretary of NYYM
- Meeting for Discernment at Poplar Ridge, by Caroline Lane, Co-clerk of Steering Committee for Meetings of Discernment
- Queries, by Peter Phillips, Cornwall Monthly Meeting
- Minute of Support for Immigrants and Refugees, Hamilton Monthly Meeting
- Monthly Meeting Project Update, by Melinda Wenner Bradley, NYYM Children and Youth Feild Secretary
- A Letter from the Clerk, by Lucinda Antrim, Clerk of NYYM
- Quaker Family Meetups, by Melinda Wenner Bradley, NYYM Children and Youth Feild Secretary
- Quaker Outside the Lines, by Emily Provance, Fifteenth St. Meeting
- AVP in El Salvador, by Shirley Way, Ithaca Meeting
Around Our Yearly Meeting